-->

November 22, 2012

Howlin' into winter

I have a new-found appreciation for woollen goods and knitwear. I used to despise woollen clothes back in the day, most likely because we had to wear them as part of our school uniform - scratchy wool and classrooms that smelt like wet dog on a rainy day are not my idea of a fun time. After living in colder European cities and rediscovering snuggly wool (hello merino), I have a new love for knitwear. Now it reminds me of fun winter days with mulled wine, crisp fresh air and warming meals.

My friend recently introduced me to Howlin' and I have been mildly obsessed with (slash can't-stop-thinking-about) the brand ever since. They have such a great range of knitwear, from cuddly jumpers to cosy socks, warm beanies to snuggly scarves and more. Their range embodies everything that I associate with the cooler seasons - melange knit, festive fair isle patterns, lambswool, cable knit, ribbed material and seasonal tones. Makes me feel cosy just thinking about it.

will-o-the wisp claret cardigan
rufus oatmeal jumper
audrey bic blue cardigan
kolari red cable jumper

quantic scarf
bergen blue note scarf
fat albert beanie

bergen gloves volcano
scruff socks yellow / grey
spooky socks heath
spooky socks autumn 
image source for all - www.morrison.beThese items do seem pretty pricey but when you think about the fabrics and quality, it's definitely better to invest in good winter gear if you want to stay warm, rather than buy cheap stuff which won't do the job. Quality over quantity as they say!Happy Thanksgiving all.

No comments:

Post a Comment