-->

November 30, 2012

Festive fashion

Is it just me, or does every party at the moment (festive or not) require the quests to wear a Christmas jumper? I feel like this is the AW12 party trend and I kinda like it. So because of this I've been on the hunt for knitwear that Santa would approve of, and I've realised that I can either go down the ugly & cheesy route (read: hideous woollen numbers with tacky designs) or the fair-isle patterned / hipster graphic route (i.e. something that could be worn on a regular basis). Naturally, I'm swaying towards the latter as I'd rather fork out the dollars (slash euros) for something that will be worn more than once or twice. And I kind of like the idea of pairing a skirt with a festive jumper & a cheeky collared shirt underneath as part of my winter look.

After a lot of hunting (there are a lot of ugly AND expensive jumpers out there), here is the best of the bunch in my opinion. I've heard that Primark and H&M have some good offerings too, but their websites don't offer much for the online shopper. Half of me is tempted to buy a male jumper, as it'd be baggier and comfier, plus the guys seem to have a better range than the girls for some reason.

image source: navy christmas snowflake print jumper - www.riverisland.com
image source: river island ecru christmas skier pattern jumper - www.asos.com

image source: asos christmas jumper in woodlands fair isle - www.asos.com
image source: asos christmas jumper - www.asos.com


image source: grey vertical snowflake jumper - www.topman.com
image source: christmas jumper - www.asos.com

image source: oat reindeer crossing jumper - www.topman.com

I hope this helps some of you who are also on the hunt for a Christmas jumper this festive season, I'm guessing that the closer it gets to Christmas, the harder these will be to find, so get in quick!

I can't believe it's December tomorrow...where did this year go?

No comments:

Post a Comment