-->

April 13, 2011

Maximise Your Wardrobe!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm loving maxi dresses right now. There's something about the billowing fabric, the comfy-ness and the lack of fuss that these dresses provide. Perfect for covering up while still looking pretty, it's a wonder that I don't have one of these in my wardrobe already! And there are SO many maxis available right now that we're really spoilt for choice. The only question is, as always, which one(s) to choose?

Floral is clearly a good place to start - as it's the ultimate pattern that symbolises summer. This maxi from Miss Selfridge is gorgeous: I love the colours, the style and the way that it sits. It's the perfect girly maxi!
 
Bright Floral Maxi Dress - www.missselfridge.com

More muted and mature, this maxi would be perfect for the workplace. The tone, cut and layering would all fit well in an office environment, allowing you to be on trend and professional at the same time. Plus those pockets are perfect for your iPhone / BBerry, your pen or your swipe card - ideal!

Frances Maxi Cross Over Dress - www.reissonline.com

This dress is so stunning and the pattern reminds me of Sass & Bide. I can imagine wearing this funky treat to a cool London club, it'd fit in perfectly. Love it! 

Funktional Tribal Maxi Dress - www.shopnastygal.com

This maxi dress is quite alty, made even more so by the hat that this model is wearing. She's so cool right now. I like the buttoning feature, perfect for when your legs are getting too toasty at your summer picnic in the park...just undo some buttons are you'll be as cool as a cucumber. Cool, that is, in more ways than one!

MinkPink Trim & Terrific Maxi Dress - www.shopnastygal.com

I love the rusty / burgundy colour of this dress - this colour screams Topshop to me, maybe because half of their current clothes are in this shade! The belt detailing is super trendy too, you'll be one hot mumma in this maxi fantaxi!

Rust Dippy Hem Maxi Dress - www.missselfridge.com

This maxi would have to be my favourite - mainly because the pattern is just divine (quite Cyb√®le-esque) and it's so glam. I'd love to rock this to a fancy pants event and stun everyone with my great taste in fashion. Take that party people!

Yellow Print Mesh Skirt Maxi Dress By Unique - www.topshop.com

So whatever maxi rocks your socks,  make sure you wear yours with proper shoes - pretty sandals or wedges are perfecto, you don't want any pesky stilettos piercing or catching on the bottom of the dress! Oh no, that would be a serious fashion faux-pas!

Here's hoping this weekend brings us more maxi dress-wearing summery weather! I'm looking forward to having brunch with my besties, one of whom will have just arrived in London! See you soon Cj!

xxx L

No comments:

Post a Comment