-->

March 24, 2011

French Kisses

My thought process of the evening:

Pay day is Friday (praise the Lord!)...My wardrobe is severly lacking...I have seen so many things I'd like to buy instore and online...Spring is definitely here (loving the sunshine this week!), so summer is just around the corner...I need some summer dresses...Didn't I try some mint dresses on in French Connection the other week with one of my girls?

And BOOM out of nowhere, ol' sneaky sneakster French Connection sends me an email touting 'free delivery' for the next fortnight from their site. So now I don't even need to leave the comfort of my home to jazz up my wardrobe. Very smart FC, you definitely know how to get me. It's like you were in my mind...

Now the only question is...which dress(es) to buy!

This bejazzaled beauty (not to be confused with vejazzaled) is one of the dresses I tried on and INSTANTLY fell in love with. So gorgeous to wear and perfect for so many occassions, I can definitely see this stunner in my wardrobe. From memory it was quite short though, so maybe not that ideal for the office...maybe vejazzling wouldn't be out of order either (jokes, that's only for Essex night)!

Bex Beads Round Neck Dress

This maxi really is quite beautiful and with all the amazing maxis around this season, it's no wonder that I'm craving one. I like the way this dress has both horizontal & vertical stripes, it's like an optical sartorial illusion! Monochromatic magic eye anyone?

Broadway Stripe Maxi Dress

Always a sucker for the Grecian goddess look & soft pastels, this dress is definitely one of my current FC faves. I can imagine wearing this to a low-key yet classy event, with some popping bright spring shoes and loosely curled hair. Sublime.

Caramel One-Shoulder Dress

I am LOVING floaty patterened shirts at the moment and have been on the lookout for one every since I saw my friend's rad owl shirt. So it's no surprise that this dress has me almost reaching for my credit card pre-pay day! SUCH a great choice for my current casual yet corporate world...some might say it's ideal.

Flight of Fancy Shirt Dress

This maxi is pretty similar to the one above, but as it's another one that I tried on instore, I thought I'd include it. With more of a beachy feel, this dress is just ridiculously comfortable to walk around in and makes you feel very zen while wearing it. Is is the stripes? Is it the material? Is it the flowy billowing shape? Who knows, but that sucker is cosy.

Picasso Stripe Maxi Dress
Image source for all dresses - www.frenchconnection.co.uk

As well as loving their clothing, I'm also a huge fan of the current FC advertising campaign. Apparently they picked random people off the street and got them to pose in odd situations. True story? Who knows, but the creative certainly has people talking. You are man? You are hot. I want.


So another day, another future dollar spent. As I said, French Connection knows where my heart is at - in beautiful, easy-to-obtain clothing. Good on you ya clever beasts.

Hope you're having a divine week - only two more working days left, yay, bring on le weekend!

xxx L

1 comment:

  1. That shirt dress is amazing! I can't imagine converting NZD to pounds would be too pretty though, plus it's getting cold down here...

    ReplyDelete