-->

January 31, 2011

Sweet Acid Drops

As I've mentioned earlier, spring is almost upon us and one of the top trends for SS11 is acid brights. I'm a huge fan of colour, so the idea of pairing one bright item with another is enough to give me a mean lady boner. What better way to grab the attention of your friends, co-workers and that cutie on the tube, than by wearing an outfit so colourful that they'll think they're tripping (get it...)! So get out your sunnies my friends, this post is gonna blind you!

This fuschia dress from Nasty Gal is hot hot hot! So hot in fact, that the model has to wear sunnies in order not to blind herself! I love the fact that it's one-shouldered, and I heart the detailing on the shoulder itself. What a hot colour, made even hotter by the fact that a pale girl can pull it off...good news for us English roses!

Image Source: Silk Bow Dress - www.shopnastygal.com

This Alice McCall dress SCREAMS summer, warmth and beachy times to me. I really like the beautiful pattern around the neck, and also like the fact that the colour of this dress is called 'pollen' - cute. I can imagine wearing this to one of those fun outdoor garden parties that starts off mellow and turns into a raver as the night goes on!

Image Source: Alice McCall Every Night I Wander Around Dress - www.mycatwalk.com

Unsure about whether to go for a bright tangerine tee, hot lemon leggings or stunning pink pants? Why not go for one multi-coloured acid bright blazer! This Josh Goot number puts an end to your colour crises, by combining several rainbow brights into one beauty! Wear over the top of an equally bright dress, if you dare.

Image Source: Josh Goot Single Breasted Blazer - http://www.mycatwalk.com/

I had so much fun looking on NET-A-PORTER for items for this post - they have a whole section of bright coloured clothing, which could keep me entertained for hours! This maxi dress by Mara Hoffman is just devine, I love the popping pink colour, mixed with the subtle embroided detailing on the front. This dress really reminds me of Sydney-siders and I'm not sure why? Maybe because it makes me think of hot bronzed beachy bodies!

Image Source: Mara Hoffman Embroided Story Silk-Chiffon Maxi Kaftan - www.net-a-porter.com

Where there's a trend, there's ASOS. I love the way ASOS have incorporated the brights theme into a somewhat demure dress style. This dress would be the perfect way to bring satorial style into the corporate workplace - win for the fashionable employee! 

Image Source: ASOS Tailored Ponti Seamed Shift Dress - www.asos.com

For those of you who aren't shy of a bit of brilliant colour-loving, try opting for the multi-coloured Suno Flounce skirt! I really like how this has been paired with a baggy white tee and muted tonal patents, it helps the skirt to POP even more!

Image Source: Suno Flounce Skirt - www.mycatwalk.com

Jazz up a crisp spring day with this beauty from Easton Pearson! This dress looks both super comfy & flattering to wear, due to its baggy design. A great dress for the races, or for when you want to wear something more inspiring than your classic LBD.

Image Source: Easton Pearson Silk-Crepe Ruffle Dress - www.net-a-porter.com

This bag makes me want to plan an overnight getaway pronto! What better way to get excited about the journey ahead (or even a trip to the gym) than with this Mulberry babe-a-rama! Maybe I should invest in this for my upcoming weekend away to Paris? C'est tres fantastique, non?

Image Source: Mulberry Clipper Twill Fold-Up Bag - www.net-a-porter.com

For those of you who shy away from bright colours, and can't break the monochromatic habit (Mum, I'm looking at you), try a spot of razzle dazzle bright power on your nails. OPI have had a selection of bright shades for a while, but this bad boy is new to their collection. Acid bright nails are a great way to stay on trend, without feeling out of your colour comfort zone!

Image Source: In My Back Pocket - www.opi.com

For those long-legged lank daddys of you out there, highlight your stunning pins with these sunshine sweetners from the TRF range at Zara. With four eye-popping colours to choose from, this shade is my pick as it symbolises spring & fun times.

Image Source: Ankle-Cropped Trousers - www.zara.com

Skip your way into the warmer months with these tangerine tyrants from Lanvin. Soft, comfy and hue-tastic, they'll definitely help to bring you in SS11 in style. Sweet.

Image Source: Lanvin Leather Ballerina Flats - www.net-a-porter.com

Now this definitely my favourite item of the lot. What a great way to show the corporate world that you're a confident, sassy and on-trend stylista! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to own this vivacious 3.1 Phillip Lim blazer & would wear it every chance that I got. Sigh, I'm in love.

Image Source: 3.1 Phillip Lim Double-Breasted Wool-Blend Blazer - www.net-a-porter.com

Phew, with so many acidicly-bright beauties out there, there's no reason not to get your colour freak on! Pop on a bright number and strut your stuff girlfriend! I know I will!

xxx L

No comments:

Post a Comment