-->

January 23, 2011

The Satorial Swan

I went to Black Swan last night with my girls and jeepers creepers did it leave an impression on me. The movie was a lot darker than any of us imagined, and resulted in us hiding behind our jackets during some pretty twisted and gory scenes. In saying that, I can see why it's getting rave reviews and no doubt will win many awards. The costume design was amazing too, and got me thinking about how heavily fashion is influenced by ballet today. As an ex-ballerina, I adore this trend, so I've had a wee browse and found numerous ballet-inspired items around...

Now if this skirt doesn't scream Swan Lake then I don't know what does. Jason Wu was clearly channelling the White Swan when he created this ostrich feather-embellished cotton skirt. Pair this little princess with an AA leotard and some gorgeous Chloé ballet flats and you'll be one pirouette away from ballet-chic!



Image Sources: Jason Wu Ostrich Feather-Embellished Cotton Skirt - www.net-a-porter.com, American Apparel Cotton Spandex Jersey Short Sleeve T-Shirt Leotard - www.store.americanapparel.co.uk,  Chloé Crystal-Embellished Suede Ballerina Flats - www.net-a-porter.com.

Channel your inner Black Swan with this feather corset dress from ASOS. With a hint of the classic tutu, this dress will stun those around you with the intricate beading & feather detailing. You'll be able to chassér your way through any event with this darling! 

Image Source: ASOS Feather Corset Dress - www.asos.com

ASOS seems to have a love affair with the ballerina trend, as evident by this ruffle and beaded mini skirt below. I think the textured design, muted tones and the high waist all give a nod to ballet, femininity and beauty. I heart.

Image Source: ASOS Ruffle And Beaded Mini Skirt - www.asos.com

Finally, no swan can be complete without her feathers. Pearl & Ivy is a great wee company which has a range of feathered hairbands that are TO DIE FOR. I really want the whole collection and will definitely pick up one for the warmer seasons from either Spitafield or Portobello markets. This band would definitely transform you from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan!

Image Source: Pearl & Ivy Olive Feathered Hair Band - www.pearlandivy.co.uk

Now my fashionable feathered friends, feel free to tie your hair in a top knot, crank out your ballet flats, your leo & your prettiest mini and plié by your barre to your hearts content! I know I sure will!

xxx L Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment