-->

November 20, 2010

Winter Woes

So I've realised that travelling from winter to winter isn't so ideal.

A - It's cold.

B - I am so pale that I may turn translucent.

C - I am lacking in vitamin D.

D - London winter is colder than Wellington winter.

E - London autumn feels like Wellington winter.

F - Shit.

So to entertain myself and to cheer myself up before winter really gets into the swing of things over here (and to turn a blind eye to the fact that a great summer festival, Toast Martinborough, was on this weekend back home), I've come up with a survival list for myself for winter. Hmm make that a dream winter wardrobe list. Because I can survive without these items for winter, but I'd prefer not to. Yes yes, I'm materialistic, but aren't all Gen Y's?

Anyway, see my survival dream winter wardrobe below...

A cute hat is a MUST for winter as it helps to keep wintery rain & wind at bay, while helping to complete that winter chic look. This hat from Zara is oh so comfy (I may have tried it on the other day), plus the colour is so hot right now, as we already know! This hat reminds me of something that a close friend of mine would wear...don't you just love it Miss Zwimpfer?

Image Source: Hat with Side Bow - www.zara.com

It's hard to wear skirts or dresses as it gets colder, due to the fact that your legs aren't really protected from the elements with your standard opaque tights on. These snuggly darlings are super warm (as they're part wool), and they're super trendy! Wear them with nude or sheer black tights underneath, and you'll have that trendy winter look down in no time at all! I bought myself a pair this week and can definitely see them becoming a winter staple! Now I just need to hold myself back from buying all the colours in the range!

Image Source: Cable over the Knee Socks - www.topshop.com

For some reason I have a massive craving at the moment to purchase a checkered shirt like the one below and wear it completely buttoned up with a sleek black high-waisted skirt. I don't know where this craving came from but I like it! Pairing different fabrics together like this always works well as it creates a juxtaposition within your outfit. Plus it helps to portray your individual style! Maybe I'll have to pur-chase this wee number! Farmer meets city slicker, here I come!

Image Source: Handwoven Cotton Slim Fit Check Shirt - www.asos.com

I wish I'd never been introduced to Reiss...no, I don't mean that...but I kind of do. This store has such beautiful clothing (kind of Moochi-esque), and every time I visit it, I come out of the store wanting EVERYTHING! I especially want this gorgeous grey marle & black jersey - it's a classic winter staple, with a little twist due to the black panel detailing. Beautiful.

Image Source: Malin Panelled Knit Jumper - www.reissonline.com

I have many gloves already for winter, but I couldn't help to notice these 'palm warmers' in Topshop the other day. I love the earthy colour, mixed with the cable knit, plus the freedom of your fingers while wearing them - there's nothing worse than trying to use your iPod whilst wearing full-fingered gloves! They have a great range of cosy gloves in Topshop Man too fyi, I was tempted to buy some of the boys' styles as well!

Image Source: Cable Palm Warmer - www.topshop.com

And last but not least, the pièce de résistance, the main thing that I need want for my winter wardrobe are these. The DEVINE Wentworth, by Kurt Geiger booties. Fierce, yet snug. Sturdy, yet feminine. Mine, yet not...(yet). People keep teasing me about how cold it gets here in winter, and how it snows up to your eyeballs, and how you need to wear heinous gumboots to survive. LIES I say! These babies will take me through winter, snow and beyond! I could probably even trek up to the top of Mt Everest in these if I wanted! Gumboots...pff. Next thing they'll be telling me to wear Uggs! (P.S - Jimmy Choo, how could you design for Ugg? I thought you had standards!)

Image Source: Wentworth Boots - www.kurtgeiger.com

Righto so now that my winter wardrobe list is sorted, I'm set for winter! Now all I need to do is buy these things and I'll be laughing all the way to spring!

Hope all is well, whatever season you're enjoying at the moment!

xxx L

No comments:

Post a Comment