-->

November 7, 2010

Camel + Cape = Couture Craze!

So I was going to focus this post on camel coats, but when I started looking for images, I realised that this trend is primarily saturated by one type of coat in particular - the cape. So I thought, why not kill two birds with one stone and do a post on TWO hot trends of the moment! Camel is everywhere. Capes are everywhere. If Alice the camel had a cape, she’d be one stylish mumma. I’ve picked a selection of camel capes, or cc’s for short (mmmm cc’s!), that are available in the high street stores this season...see below!

I’m really loving French Connection at the moment…I’d never really known that much about this brand as they aren’t prominent in NZ, but man, they have some SWEET clothes. I may do a post on French Connection later, but for the moment, let’s talk about this beauty below. I love the collar on this cape - so good for keeping your neck warm as the weather gets cooler…like today, brrr! I also really like the dominant buttons and subtle trim detailing – these little touches really make this cape stand out from other plain plain varieties that are around at the mo.

All Hours Mid Cape - frenchconnection comAll Hours Mid Cape – www.frenchconnection.com

By now you probably know that I’m a mass fan of ASOS. They have such beautiful clothes each season, that are so on trend, that it’s hard NOT to love them! Take this image below for example, it ticks all the fashion boxes:
  • Trendy style– tick.
  • Hot colour – tick.
  • Simple yet beautiful trim – tick.
  • Quirky duffle-esque toggles – tick.
  • Good ideas for what to wear the cape with – tick.
  • Making me want to buy the cape and the snow bunny headband – tick, Tick, TICK!
ASOS Contrast Trim Cape - asos comASOS Contrast Trim Cape – www.asos.com

This cape from Miss Selfridge has a military feel to it – sharp collar, lapel detailing and functional pockets. You could go to war in this baby…fashion war that is! I can imagine wearing this with a beautiful long-sleeved red cashmere top, ohhhh darrllliiinnggg how fabulous you’d look indeed!

Camel Cape - missselfridge com

Topshop is just ridiculous. The site is amazing and you can spend many an hour on it. The store is crazy busy and there is just SO. MUCH. TO SEE. The brains behind that store must be rubbing their hands in glee at its success! And I hear they’ve opened a store in Wellington, nice! This cape is everything you’d expect from dear Topshop – trendy, chic, gorgeous styling, need I say more? And they just launched the new Kate Moss range too…dangerous!

Ultimate Military Cape - topshop com
Ultimate Military Cape – www.topshop.com

So, the zip on my winter duffle coat broke off the other day…I got it made when I was in Hoi An and paid a total of like US$50 for it, so it should have totally lasted forever! Haha! So obvisouly I’m seeing this as a convenient sign from the fashion gods to buy myself one of these pretties above…how ideal!

Love to you all my dears!

xxx L

P.S – If you are from a fashion magazine / company, and you love my work & want to hire me, feel free! I’m tiring of the London job hunt and would love to do more than window shopping! Call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment