-->

March 1, 2010

Hoorah for Lingerie!

As the saying goes, it's what's on the inside that counts. But in the case of fashion, it's what's underneath that counts. Lingerie can make or break an outfit - although many people seem to ignore this. No, I don't want to see the outline of a lacy bra under a tight t-shirt, nor do I want to see lime-green straps peeking out from underneath an elegant cocktail dress, and don't even get me started on VPL! I'm all for the "statement bra" - i.e. a lacy number under a sheer shirt, or a cute colourful strap peeking out from under a pretty singlet, but there's a time and a place ladies. Saggy, grotty bras are the worst! It takes 5 minutes to get professionally sized and in my opinion, it is SO worth it. Apparently a massive percentage of women (let's say....65%) are wearing the wrong-sized bra! Crazy! Below is some lingerie that is both pretty and functional - ideal!

I love this one from Bendon - it has quite animalistic patterning! It looks like claw marks in my opinion - reow! Love the detailed straps too! The bottoms are cute as well, especially with the bow detailing!

Image Source: Bendon Celestial Contour Bra & Bikini - www.bendonlingerie.co.nz

I love the bright rose colour of this set, mixed with the cream detailing. These straps are definitely statement ones, they'd look so nice peeking out from a black singlet. I also like the mixture of lace and linear patterning on this set, such variety!

Image Source: Elle Macpherson Intimates Sumptuous - www.ellemacphersonintimates.com

I had to include this set as I've seen it in every magazine, promotion or fashion-related article recently. Maybe that's part of the reason that I love it so much. It's a bit zebra-meets-lacy-lady! This is definitely on my wish list at the moment!

Image Source: Elle Macpherson Obsidian Greer - www.ellemacphersonintimates.com

This is quite a feminine set in my opinion, what with the lace & bows and all...I like the classic look that this set brings, plus the cute little peep holes in the bottoms. Very chic!

Image Source: Elle Macpherson Obsidian Rita (Cameo Pink) - www.ellemacphersonintimates.com

No wonder people rave about La Perla, this set is so cute! I love the subtle patterning, the thin bra straps, the teensiest bit of lace detailing & the comfy-looking panties. Perfect!

Image Source: La Perla Set - www.laperla.com

Another great lingerie brand is, of course, Victoria's Secret. This website has so much choice, so it was hard just picking one. I love the pattern on this set, a mixture of floral and bright pink! The skirted thong & lace gloves are cute too! So sweet.

Image Source: Victoria's Secret Balconet Push Up Bra & Skirted Thong - www.victoriassecret.com

I hope this motivates you all to either get sized (if you haven't already) or to check out the great lingerie sales on offer at the moment. I know I'll be checking them out!

Hope your week is going well so far!

xxx L

No comments:

Post a Comment